Sunday 20 March 2016

Intrusion Draft #3 - Completion and Filming Issue- UNABLE TO UPLOAD

I have recently completed my third draft of Intrusion. I re-shot several things and made a new edit, tackling main previous issues such as the lighting and mise-en-scene being too dark upstairs, shots cutting to black unnecessarily etc. I also filmed a whole new sequence which takes place in school, and involves the 2 thieves talking to the victim about a new safe his dad acquired in his house. This new footage and new edit made my 3rd draft of Intrusion come to a total of 4 minutes. In addiiton to this, the new draft 3 was filmed using a new set of storyboards, which I completed a few weeks ago.

However, I had a considerable problem in this draft which is why my teacher didn't give me permission to upload the draft to this blog post. In a couple of my shots, there was confidential teacher/student data displayed on the walls and on some desks, and for this reason my teacher wouldn't allow me to upload the draft online due to data protection associated reasons. This was quite silly of me to do as I should of thoroughly checked the mise-en-scene and content of the room before filming, and then I could have prevented this mistake. Therefore, I will be re-shooting the opening scene in a different environment, but staying with the same script and overall direction of the scene. This is so that I can get the same purpose introduction, but just with different location and mise-en-scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment