Saturday 19 September 2015

An understanding of some Regulations and Restrictions

During my production and planning process for my chosen brief, there will be some regulations and restrictions that I will have to follow.

One regulation could be the area that I shoot my short film in. If I choose to shoot somewhere where I don't necessarily have permission to film in, this may cause some problems. This is a regulation I have to abide, and I can't turn up on the day and start shooting if I don't have the necessary permissions and entitlements. As a result, I plan to shoot in locations I know I have the permission to do so and is not necessarily owned by someone, so I can film things for as long as it may take.

Another restriction I have to understand is what equipment and what camera I will use to shoot my film. As high quality DSLR cameras are fairly expensive, shooting with one of these it out of my reach. I could ask to borrow one of my friends but I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to using DSLR cameras, so I will most likely be using a camera from our school's facilities. Furthermore, I'm fairly restricted as to how I can record sound and audio for my short film. I do not currently own a microphone, and the built in mic on the school's cameras won't be quality enough to produce professional audio for a short film. Therefore, I will be using my phone to record audio for my short film. This option is reasonable and will produce fine audio for the short film.

Another restriction I have is the budget for my short film. As it is a short film made for school and education purposes, the budget being very low comes naturally. This means I will have to stay realistic when it comes to the planning process. There will be no need in planning to film things that are too ambitious and large in scale, so that when it comes to film it I realise I can't. Therefore I need to stay realistic and respect the very low budget I have!



No comments:

Post a Comment