Wednesday 9 September 2015

Why I have chosen to do a Short Film

For my coursework I have chosen to create a 5 minute Short Film, instead of doing the music video, advert or digi-pack.

The main reason behind this is because I have experience when it comes to film production, this is primarily due to our AS coursework thriller film opening 'Oblivious' and working on recreational short films in the past. I feel fairly confident when it comes to shooting a film by myself, having minimal help from others, and also the editing process shouldn't be too much of a challenge as I have some experience using Adobe After Effects.

I also feel that by doing a Short Film you are more free; it could be about anything and you have many different genres to work with. The idea of having creative freedom when it comes to the planning and production process interested me more over the other briefs.

Furthermore, I am very interested in films and they are one of my main hobbies, which is why I would love to be the director/writer and producer of this project, and it enables me full control over what is happening with the Short Film. I am excited to start planning and creating the film once the research section is complete.










No comments:

Post a Comment